PGP bug; Volunteering!

Brian Morrison pmmail@rpglink.com
Thu, 23 Mar 2000 17:04:30

On Thu, 23 Mar 2000 12:42:53 -0400 (AST), Trevor Smith wrote:

>On Thu, 23 Mar 2000 10:00:03 -0500, Andrew Webber wrote:
>
>>The signature function is okay, it's the encryption function that's
>>causing this.
>
>I just got a note from Brian Morrison saying:
>
>"I thought that the PGP SDK in PMMail 2000 could decrypt with RSA
>keys
>but not encrypt or sign with them."
>
>Maybe this is the problem here. I'm not an expert on this. Jimmy?

This is definitely the case, PMMail 2000 can deal with DH keys for all
operations, but cannot sign or encrypt with RSA keys, this is all tied
up with patent disputes with RSA over the algorithm which is why RSA
was taken out of the newer implementations of PGP. The RSA function is
still in the International versions, but these are not compatible with
PMMail 2000.

              do you know how far this has gone?
               just how damaged have I become?
                                      'Even Deeper' by Nine Inch Nails