Life after PMMail

Steve Lamb pmmail@rpglink.com
Mon, 27 Mar 2000 07:34:41 -0800

Monday, March 27, 2000, 2:17:49 AM, xavier wrote:
> PDF is a good candidate, but Acrobat Reader is not an universal solution...

    Name me one platform that Acrobat Reader is not on.  It is a much better
choice than HTML since what it shows will be consistent.

> -The option to send an HTML file attached to a message is not good enough...
> there are many people out there that don't know how to open an attached
> file!

    Their problem.

> So, even if I don't like to send HTML messages, sometimes I'm forced to send
> them.

    You are never forced to send it.  There is /no/ formatting in HTML that
cannot be done in plain ASCII.

> As I said before, even if we agree with that... the real fact is that the
> vast majority think something different. Maybe we are right, but we have to
> accomodate to the majority... otherwise, we'll be wrong.

    1+1=2.  The vast majority think it equals 3.  We must accommodate them,
however, otherwise we're wrong.  Nope, doesn't work there, doesn't work in
your statement either.