Re[2]: Life after PMMail

Xavier Caballé pmmail@rpglink.com
Mon, 27 Mar 2000 17:49:07 +0200

>> PDF is a good candidate, but Acrobat Reader is not an universal solution...
SL>     Name me one platform that Acrobat Reader is not on.  It is a much better
SL> choice than HTML since what it shows will be consistent.

Yes, Acrobat Reader is available in almost every platform. The problem
is that some people does not have it. Yes, it is quite easy to install
it... but, again... this is not always a good answer. It's quite
common that the company policy does not allow employees to install the
software they want to.

>> -The option to send an HTML file attached to a message is not good enough...
>> there are many people out there that don't know how to open an attached
>> file!
SL>     Their problem.

Sometimes is your problem... :)

>> As I said before, even if we agree with that... the real fact is that the
>> vast majority think something different. Maybe we are right, but we have to
>> accomodate to the majority... otherwise, we'll be wrong.
SL>     1+1=2.  The vast majority think it equals 3.  We must accommodate them,
SL> however, otherwise we're wrong.  Nope, doesn't work there, doesn't work in
SL> your statement either.

That wasn't the meaning of what I said... Yes, sometimes what the majority of people think is not true (i.e.,
most people from the U.S. believe Earth is not round, but we do know
that Earth is round). Sometimes the point of view is very different...
but we must respect other people, even when they're wrong.

If your customers/your boss asks you to send an
HTML mail because they want to send a message with pictures, links,
bold letter and so you have two options:

* a) Quit your job
* b) Use HTML, even if you don't like.

For something like this, I'll choose the second option ('b')... :)

Xavi

--
Best regards,
 Xavier                            mailto:xavi@caballe.com