Re[4]: Life after PMMail

Cristian Secara pmmail@rpglink.com
Mon, 27 Mar 2000 19:11:27 +0300

On Mon, 27 Mar 2000 11:54:21 -0400 (AST), Trevor Smith wrote:

>Are you 100% certain of this? I don't do the Windows tech support and
>rarely use the Windows version of PMMail, but I am amazed to hear
>this. Have you actually found the corresponding message on your hard
>drive and confirmed that PMMail has "modified" the text in some way
>after it left the POP server?

*I* am sure of this. I have once posted it to this list, at that time I
had to send a message to someone in Germany, using the german language.
In some circumstances, some characters disappears. In others, they are
converted to something like =C0,=A1, etc. (apparently their hex quoted
printable correspondent).
I can try to find my (archived) message, if not yet erased, if you
like.

The biggest problem is when PGP signing messages: something (PMMail or
PGP SDK) collapses all extended characters found in text.

Best wishes,
	Cristi