Re[2]: Life after PMMail

Steve Marvin pmmail@rpglink.com
Mon, 27 Mar 2000 17:25:54 -0500

On Mon, 27 Mar 2000 22:05:13 +0200, xavier caballe wrote:

>>> Well, that's exactly how some HTML messages look like on PMMail... :)
>>But isn't that the reason for using HTML for emails in the first place?
>
>No, this thread started because I asked for a mail client as good as PMMail but with good HTML support (becuase HTML
>support in PMMail is horrible!), just because I need this feature. Of course, this thread has derivated to a big off-topic
>discussion about HTML yes/not (something like Windows or OS/2 threads about two years ago).
>
>So, the result is... a lot of useless mail traffic, and just a couple of useful messages... :)

Just to add my two cents. If I remember correctly the HTML/RichText support in the windows
version of PMMail is NOT PMMail code, it is the behavior of the RichEdit common control in
the win subsystem. This was espoused by BoBnIke at the time the first win client came out
to explain why the win version got html support and the OS/2 version did not.

If this is true, and I am fairly sure it is because messages with html that I stream into
one of my applications RichEdit controls look identical to the internal PMMail version,
then the blame for how it is handled and how it looks belongs with a certain company
that is currently involved with the US Justice Department.