don't like HTML email? here's your fix.

Trevor Smith pmmail@rpglink.com
Thu, 30 Mar 2000 10:13:20 -0400 (AST)

On Thu, 30 Mar 2000 13:42:28 +0100 (BST), Simon Bowring wrote:

>... the *only* way to maintain layout in email is to use plain text,
>and manual lay-out using a non-proportional font in the originating
>and receiveing email packages which both need to be STANDARDS
>CONFORMANT (HTML or no HTML).

Again, not quite accurate. It is not the "*only* way to maintain
layout in email."

Another way would be to use HTML and make sure the originating and
receiveing email packages are STANDARDS CONFORMANT.

I'm being difficult to point out to you that you are arguing with
more or less the same logic that the HTML email camp is: "if you just
tell people what to use or how to view it, everything will be OK."
This is true, but it's equally true for HTML email.

So, it seems to me that we actually are lacking standards for both
ASCII email and for HTML email.

--
 Trevor Smith          |          trevor@haligonian.com
 PGP public key available at: www.haligonian.com/trevor

PGP Public Key Fingerprint= A68C C4EC C163 5C0A 6CFA  671F 05D4 0B30 318B AFD6