don't like HTML email? here's your fix.

Simon Bowring pmmail@rpglink.com
Thu, 30 Mar 2000 18:00:59 +0100 (BST)

On Wed, 29 Mar 2000 23:06:19 +0100, David Gaskill wrote:

>Most of the html e-mail that I receive uses bold and italic and different text sizes and
>colours to distinguish blocks of text. The sender does not do this to make it look
>pretty but to aid comprehension.
>
>Of course you are right when you say that this can be done in Ascii using the
>various e-mail conventions but it is certainly true that the use of colour and text
>emphasis can aid clarity.

So when soneone reads your coloured email on their VT-220
(a very common monochrome terminal in common use, particularly
on Digital systems like VAXes, but also on Unix etc), I can
read your helpful comments like "my comments are in RED, fred's
commenst are in yellow and queries are blue", how do you suggest
the email client handles the situation?

Many mainframe, unix, VAX, mobile and PDA email users only have a
monochrome display. I guess they don't deserve email!

Simon