PGPTools and PGPKeys

John Thompson pmmail@rpglink.com
Thu, 04 May 2000 14:42:31 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 4 May 2000 10:56:50 -0700, Steve Lamb wrote:

>What command-line?  Simon, you need to get out a bit more.

Steve, for  Unix man, this surprises me! Of course the command line
matters, since that's how front-ends like PGPTools interact with PGP
itself.    You've always made a point of not wasting time on an internal
editor with PMMAIL (and I happen to agree with you), why should this
modular approach be any different with PGP?  In any case, PGP v6 seems to
be reverting to the old v2.6.x switches, at least as an option.

>The /main/
>issue was that there were restrictions on 2.6.x inside the US which, with the
>opening up of the exporting of PGP (and thus, I believe the importing) are
>moot.

Only an issue in the US, I suspect.  And even here importing and using the
"international" version was never a problem, at least for personal use.
That's why Zimmerman made a point of releasing the PGP source from outside
the USA (the original release was from New Zealand, IIRC and subsequent
releases from various European nations).

John (john.thompson@attglobal.net)