PMMail/2 Attachment bug?

Simon Bowring pmmail@rpglink.com
Tue, 09 May 2000 14:04:05 +0100 (BST)

I get lots of emails containing attachments, usually I
can double click on the attachment in the attachment area of a
received email to open it.

But for some attachments I can't, I get a centered system modal
pop-up saying:

              "System Error

      An unrecpoverable system error has
      occurred.  The session has ended
      without saving your data"

If I drag any of these attachments to the desktop and double-click
on them, they open fine.

Here's an example of the MIMEness around one such attachment
(this one has no file extension, but some that exhibit this
problem do have an extension).

>------=_NextPart_000_0056_01BFB9B2.CF2CCC00
>
>CioqKioqKioqKioqKioqKioqKioqKioqKioqKioqKioqKioqKioqKioqKioqKioqKioqKioqKioq
etc!

Presumably the problem may be related to associations, (maybe it's
related to the fact that I run ODPro 1.5.2?).

I get the same thing if I email myself a .CMD file (I wanted to
test if double clicking on a .CMD in the attachment area would
run it MS Outlook stylee).

Here's my encoded HELLO.CMD:
>--_=_=_=IMA.BOUNDARY.FU9K3T138764=_=_=_
>
>LyogQSByZXh4IFNjcmlwdA0KICovDQogc2F5ICJIZWxsbyBXb3JsZCINCiAnQHBhdXNlJw0KIGV4
>aXQNCg==
>
>--_=_=_=IMA.BOUNDARY.FU9K3T138764=_=_=_--

I have had this (minor) problem for some time!  Any ideas?

Simon Bowring