Dynamic change of Reply-to

Bruce Francis pmmail@dmiyu.org
Fri, 17 Nov 2000 12:37:39 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 17 Nov 2000 09:06:38 -0800 (PST), Don Morse wrote:

>this is a great question.....  I collect all my mail under one account and want to
>reply to it as several different entities....  currently I have to copy the text to
>quote, log to another profile and send the mail from there... rather cumbersome
>but it works...

You can already do this rather easily/painlessly/automatically with PMMail --
I do it now with several webmaster accounts that I've designed and field mail
for.   PMMail uses "Accounts" to do this -- you should set up a new "Account"
for each entity that you want to use.  The part that you might be missing that
isn't intuitive is how to move the messages between accounts, locally, on
your client computer.

I am assuming that you can uniquely filter the mail that you want to reply-to
as a new "entity"....
1) For each new account create a new, separate, inbound mail folder/directory.
   (I have mine grouped under   x:\tcpip\smtpmail
   such as x:\tcpip\smtpmail\sportline   and    x:\tcpip\smtpmail\heatpump  ... etc)
2) Set up a new account in PMMail.   In this example assume it to be Sportline.
3) Under   Account|Settings|Receive in Sportline account, set the "Type" to SMTP,
  and the path to       x:\tcpip\smtpmail\sportline
4) In your main account (the one for your ISP, that you normally receive all of
  your mail into), create a new filter "Sportline":
       Filter:   h.to="@sportline" | h.cc="@sportline"
             [I'm getting email forwarded to me addressed to "Sportline_xyz.com", and
             this is my use.  You might want to set your filter up differently, depending
             on what you're using it for.]
       Action: User-hook (background)      Sportline.CMD
                  Inform User      (you might want to do this, or not)
                  Delete message (local copy)
                  Stop filtering
5) Create   Sportline.CMD
================ Sportline.CMD =============================
/* REXX command used w/PMMail to route inbound mail to specific SMTP directory */

ARG EmailFile
"Copy " EmailFile "x:\tcpip\smtpmail\Sportline\"
Exit

6) repeat this procedure for each of the accounts ("entities", "personalties")
 you want to setup.

---
Bruce Francis              BFrancis@pobox.com
 For PGP Public key:  email with Subject "BFrancis Public Key"