Dynamic change of Reply-to

John Bridges pmmail@dmiyu.org
Fri, 17 Nov 2000 12:07:28 -0800

On Fri, 17 Nov 2000 12:37:39 -0500 (EST), Bruce Francis wrote:

>4) In your main account (the one for your ISP, that you normally receive all of
>  your mail into), create a new filter "Sportline":
>       Filter:   h.to="@sportline" | h.cc="@sportline"
>             [I'm getting email forwarded to me addressed to "Sportline_xyz.com", and
>             this is my use.  You might want to set your filter up differently, depending
>             on what you're using it for.]
>       Action: User-hook (background)      Sportline.CMD
>                  Inform User      (you might want to do this, or not)
>                  Delete message (local copy)
>                  Stop filtering
>5) Create   Sportline.CMD
>================ Sportline.CMD =============================
>/* REXX command used w/PMMail to route inbound mail to specific SMTP directory */
>
>ARG EmailFile
>"Copy " EmailFile "x:\tcpip\smtpmail\Sportline\"
>Exit

This is great!!

But why not just create a folder, have PMMail filter into that folder, then
setup the directory for that folder as the SMTP directoy for the other
account?

I just tried it, and guess what!  It works great!

I'm thrilled!

I already had a Panix folder for all mail addressed to my base Panix account
(usually messages from Panix accounting), but it really belongs in a seperate
account so when I reply it uses my Panix email address. But I never had a way
to do this.

Now I just setup a Panix account, and set the SMTP directory to that folder
like this:

C:\mail\PMMail\Netcom.act\Panix0.FLD

Like magic!  Now I can filter across accounts!  Why the heck has no-one
mentioned this before?