Dynamic change of Reply-to

Michael Baum pmmail@dmiyu.org
Mon, 20 Nov 2000 08:36:52 -0500

On Sat, 18 Nov 2000 14:28:29 -0800, John Bridges wrote:

>On Sat, 18 Nov 2000 16:12:26 -0500 (EST), Bruce Francis wrote:
>
>>My SMTP directories are all empty (I just double-checked them all with
>>a   dir/s  ).  Then again, I'm moving them over to a separate SMTP directory
>>with an external script.   YMMV by doing it some other way.
>
>I was wrong, you are correct, the SMTP recieve is deleting the original MSG
>files out of the directory, and the Index remains incorrect (I had to
>re-index that folder)

The problem with the zombie index file for your SMTP transfer directories is kind of annoying, but just thinking about it, do you care? As I understand the plan, you're having PMMail sort incoming mail for one account into a series of way-station folders, and then having separate accounts read those folders as their incoming queue and taking appropriate action? Which depopulates the way-station folders?

Practically, I'd have to ask why you care if the folder indexes are wrong for the original incoming account. You're never going to use them anyway, so isn't it mostly a minor aesthetics issue? IIRC, under both Windows and OS/2 there are cron-type utilities available and you could probably create some simple batch file routine that runs every so often, like weekly, to delete the bogus index files so they don't grow arbitrarily large.

maab