BSw

Ralph Cohen pmmail@rpglink.com
Tue, 03 Oct 2000 14:24:08 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 03 Oct 2000 13:23:53 -0400, Thomas Bradford wrote:

>Just a heads up,  after some discussion of the mailing list situation
>and future support efforts,  we have instituted a policy of providing
>official PMMail support on forums and mailing lists  hosted on our
>servers.   There are many advantages to this -  we do not have to
>monitor multiple lists, etc. for support - it takes a lot of time and
>there is a tremendous amount of redundancy in that the same questions
>are asked over and over, and just between us, I think that a company of
>this size should be able to swing hosting a few lists and a forum or
>two. ;-)

Sounds ok, but I just checked and I couldn't find any links to
"official" mailing lists.  There are a couple of forums, but the
activity on all except the PMMail2K Professional is almost nil.  Also,
the response time from "Customer Support" seems to be measured in days
and weeks or never.

Here's a snippet from the PMMail 2k Prof. forum:

	"I put in a call on this some time ago. I have
	called again every couple of weeks since,
	well, at least June. I have written emails,
	not only to the general support email address
	(usually Jimmy) but also to who he said was
	a supervisor that might be interested.

	I have never received a response to any call
	or email. When Jimmy answers, he tells me that
	BluePrint Software Works is waiting on an answer
	from the developers."

I also saw the following response on a forum from BSw to a customer who
was apparently ticked off at the repeated delays in the long promised
updates:

	"Your previous message was erased because
	you were just being vicious. Apart from that
	cancellation the only other editing I have done
	to any posts was to remove profanity in one.

	Previous estimates that I have been given for
	other PMMail releases were based on information
	that we had as projected release dates."

I guess that one of the prerequisites for getting support from BSw is
that you refrain from getting too upset when they don't keep their
promises...

The only other tidbit worthy of note, is a message on the PMMail 2K
forum which said that betas would be released prior to the updates
scheduled for the end of the year.  I don't know if the applies to
PMMail/2, and since the BSw lurkers are apparently being withdrawn from
this list I suppose the only way to find out is to ask join their
forum.  I will pose all the usual questions and report back here with
any replies.

>I will be unsubscribing from this list upon sending of this message,
>and have asked our support staff to concentrate on providing support to
>licenced and unlicensed users alike as always on our forums/lists.

Why is he bothering to unsubscribe since he's ignored virtually
everything posted here anyway?  I guess his message means that Jimmy
and Trevor won't be allowed to play with us here any more, either.

>Of course we welcome 3rd party PMMail related mailing lists, and I
>encourage anyone to host a list regarding any of our products, but if
>you want "certified information" and "official technical support",
>please visit the PMMail website at http://www.pmmail2000.com and choose
>a forum or join one of our lists.

I'm going to head over there now and ask some questions to see if the
"official technical support" has any answers to the outstanding
questions that have defied any response from BSw over the past 8
months.

Ralph Cohen
rpcohen@neurotron.com