Wave files

Kris Sorem Sr pmmail@rpglink.com
Sat, 02 Sep 2000 11:14:32 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 01 Sep 2000 22:51:47 -0500, Stephen Berg wrote:

>I just upgraded to PMM2K (Win98) and all of a sudden when I retrieve
>mail it connects, downloads mail and finishes.  Then about 5 or 10
>seconds later the wave file I have defined finally plays.  This is
>only happening on one of my accounts, the others play the wave file
>I've defined immediately when the download is finished.  Anyone have
>an idea what's going on here?  PMMail98 never did this so it seems to
>be some difference in PMMail 2K.

Win98 is the traffic cop for sound events. It could be that sound events
in PMM2K were given a lower priority than prior versions. Would you rather
that a new sound event interrupt a running event? I'm a registered user of
both PMMail versions (OS/2 and Win). This is a low priority fix IMO.
Report it to Blueprint with exact steps to recreate. I would include in
your report the specific sound card (with chipset) and drivers you are
running.
--
ATB,
/s/~Kris <norseman@humboldt1.com>