PMMail Linux

Ralph Cohen pmmail@rpglink.com
Sat, 02 Sep 2000 17:45:34 -0400

On Sat, 02 Sep 2000 11:21:03 -0600, Larry Alkoff wrote:

>It's wonderful news that they will do a linux version  :-)

FWIW, the following is taken from a message posted by Peter Nielsen on
the PMView Beta List which seems to indicate that a Linux version of
PMMail is still a while away.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Unlike PMView, PMMail is not a common source product. This means
that a Linux version of PMMail - or more precisely its UI code -
will have to be coded from scratch. (With PMView it's simply a
question of putting in Linux support in the cross platform library
that PMView 2000's UI is based on). In any case, we are looking
into this and I believe that we sooner or later will be able to
provide a Linux version of PMMail. Don't expect it anytime soon,
though.

Ralph Cohen

rpcohen@neurotron.com