Wave files

Stephen Berg pmmail@rpglink.com
Sat, 02 Sep 2000 18:12:37 -0500

But this seems to me to have little to do with the operating system.
I never saw anything like this with PMMail98 under NT 4.0.  It didn't
do it when I set up this new system on Win98 while I was still
running PMMail98.  It's only begun since I upgraded to PMMail 2000.

Also if it were strictly a priority issue of playing the wave file
wouldn't it only show up at times that the system is busy with other
work?  I've checked that out, shut down everything I could, sent
myself an email and still the wave file delays for about 10 seconds
after the download process is complete.  Plus it only does this on
one of my accounts, the others all behave normally playing the wave
file as soon as the download of new mail is complete.

As for steps to recreate, I'd have no idea other than I restored a
backup copy of PMMail98 to the new system.  Everything was fine for
the two or three weeks I've had this new system running.  Then I
upgraded to PMMail2000 and the problem reared it's head.

I agree it's not a high priority issue but it is fairly obnoxious.
Especially coming from a newer version of the software.

On Sat, 02 Sep 2000 11:14:32 -0700 (PDT), Kris Sorem Sr wrote:

>Win98 is the traffic cop for sound events. It could be that sound events
>in PMM2K were given a lower priority than prior versions. Would you rather
>that a new sound event interrupt a running event? I'm a registered user of
>both PMMail versions (OS/2 and Win). This is a low priority fix IMO.
>Report it to Blueprint with exact steps to recreate. I would include in
>your report the specific sound card (with chipset) and drivers you are
>running.

                            Stephen Berg
//-    USAF Instructor  -/-  Reluctant NT User -/- Web Designer    -//
//-                 Home = sberg@mississippi.com                   -//
//-               Work = berg.stephen@keesler.af.mil               -//
//-     http://iceberg.3c0x1.com/   -/-   http://www.3c0x1.com     -//