Wave files

Trevor Smith pmmail@rpglink.com
Sat, 02 Sep 2000 20:26:39 -0300

On Sat, 02 Sep 2000 18:12:37 -0500, Stephen Berg wrote:

>Also if it were strictly a priority issue of playing the wave file
>wouldn't it only show up at times that the system is busy with other
>work?  I've checked that out, shut down everything I could, sent
>myself an email and still the wave file delays for about 10 seconds

Agreed. I see the same behaviour. Jimmy, are you reading this? Have
you ever seen it? Is it a known bug in the Win version?

>after the download process is complete.  Plus it only does this on
>one of my accounts, the others all behave normally playing the wave
>file as soon as the download of new mail is complete.

This problem occurs on at least two of my accounts. I don't know if
any behave properly.

>As for steps to recreate, I'd have no idea other than I restored a

The steps to recreate are "fetch mail". That is all. It happens every
time here. Period. If it's going to happen for you, it's going to
happen, as near as I can tell.

--
 Trevor Smith          |          trevor@haligonian.com
 PGP public key available at: www.haligonian.com/trevor