Thoughts on the announcement or "With everything, stir, stir, stir...."

Ralph Cohen pmmail@rpglink.com
Fri, 08 Sep 2000 17:02:04 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 8 Sep 2000 13:49:35 -0700, Steve Lamb wrote:

>    OK, unscientific poll time.  Take a look at the announcement from BSW and
>then take a loot at <http://sourceforge.net/projects/aimsprototype/> and tell
>me which you're more confident on making progress in the immediate future.  :)
>
>    Shameless plug, maybe.  But I am really serious on wanting to know.

Hi Steve,

Congratulations on your new project.  I checked out and it looks very
interesting, promising and well organized, and clearly reflects your
various comments about mail clients.  Is there a Python library that
will allow it to run under OS/2 as well?

Also, on your Main page you have the following statement.

"AIMS Prototype is a proof of concept MUA that will combine the best
features of the Unix MUAs and Windows email clients while cutting all
the cruft from both."

What is "cruft"?

Ralph

rpcohen@neurotron.com