Questions for PMMail Tech Support

Ralph Cohen pmmail@rpglink.com
Tue, 12 Sep 2000 20:20:58 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 12 Sep 2000 16:16:27 -0700, James Marshall wrote:

>Ralph Cohen wrote:
>>
>>  "3) PMMail recognizes all types of messages and several
>>  types of file attachments.  It supports both sending and
>>  receiving messages in standard ASCII format, as well as
>>  the newer HTML format sent by the latest email products."
>>
>> Since this is not currently the case for the OS/2 version, can we
>> expect the new release for OS/2 to incorporate full HTML transparency?
>
>PMMail for OS/2 was designed, on purpose, to rip html out of email.  I,
>for one, want PMMail to continue working that way.  Email should be
>plain text, period, except for attachments.

I would have no problem whatsoever if PMMail/2 were able to display
HTML messages without opening up my browser.  I use both the OS/2 and
Windows versions and it is very convenient to be able to view HTML
messages in the preview window in PMMail 2k.  Personally, I'm not
interested in the ability to send HTML emails, but since I receive them
all the time, easily viewing them with PMMail/2 would be great.
Regardless, the point of my question was not to start yet another
debate about the merits of HTML email, I was merely attempting to
understand the claims made on PMMail's home page.  I assume BSW
understands PMMail/2 well enough not to have written the statement
without there having been a basis for it, so I'm just trying to
determine the basis for their claim.

Ralph Cohen

rpcohen@neurotron.com