html vs plain text, was: Re: Questions for PMMail Tech Support

gomez pmmail@rpglink.com
Wed, 13 Sep 2000 15:47:53 +0200

On Tue, 12 Sep 2000 16:16:27 -0700, James Marshall wrote:

>Ralph Cohen wrote:
>>
>>  "3) PMMail recognizes all types of messages and several
>>  types of file attachments.  It supports both sending and
>>  receiving messages in standard ASCII format, as well as
>>  the newer HTML format sent by the latest email products."
>>
>> Since this is not currently the case for the OS/2 version, can we
>> expect the new release for OS/2 to incorporate full HTML transparency?
>
>PMMail for OS/2 was designed, on purpose, to rip html out of email.  I,
>for one, want PMMail to continue working that way.  Email should be
>plain text, period, except for attachments.

I hope that in the future release of PMMail we can chose if
receive only plain text or html whit a simple "radio button"
preference or so on....

Mauro

/"\
\ /   FIOCCO ASCII - CONTRO LE E-MAIL IN HTML
 X   ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN - AGAINST HTML MAIL
/ \    CHI SCRIVE IN HTML AVVELENA ANCHE TE
\,/             DIGLI DI SMETTERE