Questions for PMMail Tech Support

Trevor Smith pmmail@rpglink.com
Wed, 13 Sep 2000 14:12:22 -0300

On Wed, 13 Sep 2000 12:17:33 -0400 (EDT), Ralph Cohen wrote:

>Sure, I'd be happy to receive a sample of a "Killer HTML Spam" message
>to see how my system copes.
>
>HOWEVER, PLEASE DO NOT SEND IT TO MY STANDARD REPLY ADDRESS.  Instead,
>send the killer message to a different account so that if it does crash
>my system I can have it do so when nothing else critical is going on.
>
>It can be sent to: neurotron@pressroom.com
>
>I'll report back once I've checked it out.

OK, just to confirm that it will crash your system, probably
requiring a reboot, I will send a sample killer HTML spam to
neurotron@pressroom.com shortly.

(I'm going to "Bounce" it to you so the To: address will be yours but
the From: address will be whatever jerk originally sent it in the
first place or, more likely, the To: address will be fictitious).

The Subject line will read: INCOME from Electric Deregulation

Just viewing the message in your preview pane or double-clicking it
to view in the 'read message' window should crash PMMail instantly.
You will most likely need to reboot to get PMMail to run again.

Let me know.

--
 Trevor Smith          |          trevor@haligonian.com
 PGP public key available at: www.haligonian.com/trevor