Questions for PMMail Tech Support

Steve Wendt pmmail@rpglink.com
Wed, 13 Sep 2000 13:00:44 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 13 Sep 2000 08:37:00 -0700, Steve Lamb wrote:

>> It also forces users to upgrade all the time since the HTML standards evolve
>> so fast - not even NS or MS are able to keep up with the w3c standards with
>> their web *browsers* (for which HTML is intended).
>
>    This is not true.  The w3c standards are slower than the implementation of
>the browsers proprietary features.  The w3c standards are actually quite slow.
>We're still on 4.0 and have been for a while now.

This is unfortunately a double-edged sword.  The standards are "behind" the
proprietary features, and at the same time, the browsers don't implement what is
already standard.  The Web Standards Project has complained about this quite a
bit, although recently they backed off and said they liked IE (?????).

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly,
while bad people will find a way around the laws."
     - Plato (427-347 B.C.)