Questions for PMMail Tech Support

Brian Morrison pmmail@rpglink.com
Thu, 14 Sep 2000 14:24:39 +0100

On Thu, 14 Sep 2000 05:37:29 -0700, John Bridges wrote:

>On Thu, 14 Sep 2000 11:20:13 +0100 (BST), Simon Bowring wrote:
>
>> in particular it does nothing to define the
>>emailers *behaviour* as regards to HTML email.
>
>Umm, you mean does it save it to disk, or display it? Or do you mean it
>doesn't define what HTML is?
>
>I'm not sure what you are getting at?
>
>It refers to the RFC for HTML 2.0 in the very first line of the Abstract.

But it's other mail clients default of sending HTML 4.0 that then makes
HTML 2.0 rendering engines unable to display the email as intended.
This can only work if there is a standard and it is adhered to,
currently neither is the case. The only action that makes sense is to
use a browser to render the HTML, but that will still be wrong!

              do you know how far this has gone?
               just how damaged have I become?
                                      'Even Deeper' by Nine Inch Nails