Questions for PMMail Tech Support

John Bridges pmmail@rpglink.com
Thu, 14 Sep 2000 07:42:59 -0700

On Thu, 14 Sep 2000 07:19:20 -0700, Steve Lamb wrote:

>> Outlook", and being readable. Right now we are at the unreadable stage, I
>> think most of us would be happy with readable.
>
>    Define "readable."  To me that is text and we have readable.

We are discussing HTML mail, was that unclear?

Was it unclear that I was specificly talking about reading HTML mail?

>> But then, this isn't an issue for you since The Bat has full HTML support....
>> (uses the Microsoft DLLs, right?)
>
>    No and no.

>From The Bat!'s main page:

"Built-in HTML email viewer and message editor with spell-as-you-go "

>From The Bat!'s features page:

Fast, browser-independent HTML mail viewer and live Web links. Don't like
HTML mail? Turn it off.

Sounds like it has HTML mail support, is it comparable to PMMail 2000's
support or better?

And it looks like The Bat! handles links to attachments from this email
message I found:

TB (Quite correctly) will only show in-line pictures included with the
mail.  Any  pictures  that  are  external  to  the mail and need to be
retrieved  with  an HTTP GET command are outside the scope of an email
client  and  require  a web browser to work correctly. TB is not a web
browser and shows a place marker where such images exist.

I couldn't find anything on what HTML engine they use.