Questions for PMMail Tech Support

Steve Lamb pmmail@rpglink.com
Thu, 14 Sep 2000 07:46:01 -0700

On Thu, Sep 14, 2000 at 07:42:59AM -0700, John Bridges wrote:
> We are discussing HTML mail, was that unclear?

> Was it unclear that I was specificly talking about reading HTML mail?

    Nope.  HTML is unreadable to me.  Was that unclear?

> >> But then, this isn't an issue for you since The Bat has full HTML
> >> support....  (uses the Microsoft DLLs, right?)

> >    No and no.

> >From The Bat!'s main page:

> "Built-in HTML email viewer and message editor with spell-as-you-go "

    Yes, that is what it says.

> >From The Bat!'s features page:

> Fast, browser-independent HTML mail viewer and live Web links. Don't like
> HTML mail? Turn it off.

    Yup, that too.

> Sounds like it has HTML mail support, is it comparable to PMMail 2000's
> support or better?

    You stated two things.

1: The Bat! has full HTML support.

    No, it does not.  It has partial HTML support.  Of course, if you've been
following this thread you'd understand that not even browsers have "full" HTML
support.

2: That the HTML support from The Bat! is provided from Microsoft DLLs.

    Incorrect, it is not.

    So I fail to see how my answers of "no and no" are inappropriate.

> I couldn't find anything on what HTML engine they use.

    Right.  I told you it wasn't the Microsoft engine.