HTML Rendering in PMMail/2

Trevor Smith pmmail@rpglink.com
Thu, 14 Sep 2000 21:18:42 -0300

On Thu, 14 Sep 2000 09:07:48 +0100 (BST), Brian Morrison wrote:

>Stardock do support their OS/2 software after a fashion, but that
>support is now weak and is unlikely to result in new releases.

I once emailed Brad Wardell and asked if they would fix the "bug" in
Control Center for OS/2 that causes Y2k dates to be abbreviated to
one digit, ie. today is 9/14/0, according to Control Center.

Brad said that this isn't a "bug", it is a design decision. :-)

I said, you're telling me your programmers *intended* to have a year
represented by one digit instead of two? He didn't reply.

For those who don't know, my definition of a bug is a feature which
does something other than what was intended by the programmer. If it
was 2 digits and I wanted 4, I agree, that would be difference of
opinion. But who in the entire world would honestly ever attempt to
write a year date with only one digit? That's too ridiculous for me
to believe. I remain convinced that it was an oversight, but it will
never be fixed. Sigh.

--
 Trevor Smith          |          trevor@haligonian.com
 PGP public key available at: www.haligonian.com/trevor