That's it, it is over...

Gregory L. Marx pmmail@rpglink.com
Fri, 15 Sep 2000 07:22:32 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 14 Sep 2000 22:16:28 -0300 (ADT), Trevor Smith wrote:

>On Thu, 14 Sep 2000 17:44:20 -0700, Steve Lamb wrote:
>
>>moment I will no longer endorse PMMail, point people to PMMail, keep people
>>using PMMail or use PMMail in any feature comparison whatsoever.  It is a dead
>>product, even if BSW hold true to their latest announcement.
>
>FWIW, I'm truly sad about Steve's decision.
>
>Just to clarify, PMMail is not "dead". It continues to be supported
>and continues to be developed.
>
>This was all very unexpected for me and I guess I should have just
>kept my mouth shut. I will (even more) from now on. I felt that I
>should add the above since I may have inadvertently been the cause of
>Steve's disappointment.

I'll tell you one thing ...
I hope all this in-fighting and such doesn't leak out too far into the "wild" so to speak ...

I've dealt with Thomas Bradford for around five years now as a customer of BMT Micro's, and I have NEVER had any problems with the man, or
the service he provides ... If anything he has always gone out of his way to help ... One for instance, I was trying to hunt down a copy of Sibyl
when there weren't any vendors in the states carrying it ... He did the legwork and found me a copy via Mensys ... More importantly, while he
couldv'e jacked up the pricing since it was being imported and such, he didn't ... Instead he sold it to me for the upgrade price and a typical
shipping charge ... IMO that's service ...

Now I don't know what's happening with PMMail ...
I to was a bit unhappy with the news release ... It seemed rather "soft" on real specifics regarding PMMail ... but because of past association
I'm willing to wait and see what ultimately occurs ...

Last thing we need to do, is to piss off another OS/2 ISV because of ego related issues ...
What I think is important may not be the way others see it ... I have to learn to deal and live with that ... That's life ...

I've always enjoyed reading what Steve had to say on this list ... I don't want to start a flame war or anything ... but I hope we don't take
Steve's anger to mean that there is something terribly wrong about the PMMail situation ... After all he's just another user like the rest of us ...

There are those in the newsgroups who would like nothing better than to see some internicine conflict between us ...
I hope that doesn't happen ...

Greg