Arg! Killer HTML spam!

Joachim F. Selinger pmmail@rpglink.com
Fri, 15 Sep 2000 13:57:34 +0200 (MEST)

Hi Trevor!

On 14 Sep, Trevor Smith wrote:
> Wouldn't you know it, I turned off my killer html spam filter the
> other day so I could SMTP fetch a sample killer HTML spam (in order
> to bounce it to two members of this list as a test to confirm it
> killed their PMMail) and I forgot to turn the filter back on. Today I
> received a spam. I'm in the habit of opening all spam and instantly
> deleting them so that they are marked read (too lazy to do an Alt-R).
> Sigh, this spam was a killer html spam. I wasn't notified and it
> wasn't auto-deleted cause my filter was off. I had to reboot.

You only do this 'read before delete' so that the trash doesn't get green,
right? ;-)

You could actually turn of the setting of the trash folder that makes it
green when unread messages are in it.

Hope this relieves you from reading spam in the future... ;-)

Jocki
--
Joachim F. Selinger        /  \ /  \/\ /\/  \              ___

-- Attached file included as plaintext by Listar --