Leaked memo (was Re: HTML Rendering in PMMail/2)

Jim Nuytens pmmail@rpglink.com
Fri, 15 Sep 2000 13:15:13 +0100 (GMT)

On Fri, 15 Sep 2000 03:43:02 -0400 (EDT), Ralph Cohen wrote:

>On Thu, 14 Sep 2000 17:32:42 -0400, Thomas Bradford wrote:
>
>>Hi There,
>>
>>I don't know where it came from, who wrote it, and have never seen this
>>message.   Please let me see the header of said message, including IP
>>address and originating SMTP server - and be sure to post it to
>>pmmail@rpglink.com.   ;-)))
>>
>>Thomas
>
>Hi Thomas,
>
>It's good to see you've been lurking on the list.  How about responding
>to the questions posted earlier this week.  Do you need another copy?

You could send him 5 copies and it probably wouldn't matter, Ralph.

Personally, I really don't care about whether or not there are new
features to be added to PMMail/2. The program works fine for me as it
is. I do, however, want as many bugs as possible to be stomped out.

You know, I've been mulling over in my head about the supposedly joke
memo and I can't help but think that it's more on the mark than anyone
(especially at BSW) would like us to think. It certainly seems quite
plausible to me.

I would not be surprised at all to see PMMail/2 put into maintainence
mode. I've got no interest in what happens to the Windoze version; I'm
much more interested in a Linux version and I think that BSW will miss
an important opportunity if they let that slip by.

Now, here's the thing that is REALLY bothering me. It took something of
that magnitude ( the memo "joke") to get any kind of reaction from
someone at BSW who is actually a decision maker. Is there anyone here
that isn't bothered by this? If there is, then I'd like you to pass me
what you're smoking. I haven't have weed that good for 10 years. ;-)

See, I'm a cynic through and through. I assume the worst in most cases.
So I have a different outlook on the whole thing. I've seen far too
many things like this happen to OS/2 software and I'm getting WAY too
tired of it.

Granted, Jimmy and Trevor have been in here to attempt to keep things
cordial, but Trevor isn't an employee of BSW (or so I've believe) and
Jimmy isn't (in my mind) anything more than a token gesture on BSW's
part to keep things from getting ugly here. I'm sure that both of them
are good people, I just don't think they have any pull where it counts.

As several others have already mentioned, what we have seen on this
list (in my mind) is nothing more than stalling tactics. There may be
serious development happening, but you would be hard pressed to believe
that based on what has been communicated so far.