Questions for PMMail Tech Support

Simon Bowring pmmail@rpglink.com
Fri, 15 Sep 2000 14:00:40 +0100 (BST)

>    Oooh!  Ohhh!!  You know what PMMail2k does?  Converts HTML into RTF
markup
>and uses that engine to display it!  When it mails out in HTML you're
really
>marking in RTF and a conversion happens!
>
>    I bet if I dig through my personal archives I can find myself replying
>Bob's explination of PMMail2k doing that.  So, uhm, it already does.  :P

My guess is that if they had used the IE APIs, they'd be opening
the system up to serious security compromises and viral infections
just like Outlook does, presumably the Windows API supports RTF text
controls, so it was probably the simplest way of implemnting a secure
rich text display - all semi-educated guess work of course!

Simon