Why this phobia to HTML mail?

Brian Morrison pmmail@rpglink.com
Fri, 15 Sep 2000 14:50:56 +0100

On Fri, 15 Sep 2000 13:32:24 +0200, xavier caballe wrote:

>Again, there are some information sources that only deliver
>messages in HTML. If you don't like, they say 'is your problem'.

OK, I simply refuse to deal with people who won't stick with
established standards, if you must then you will have to find your own
way to do this. If PMMail can support both that is fine as long as I
can configure it to exterminate non standard content. If not, I'll be
*very* unhappy.

I suspect that there is a lot of truth in the sig that someone I know
uses. In it a quote from a respected researcher at the once-wonderful
British Telecom Martlesham Research Labs which says "We have moved from
a world of concentrated knowledge to one of distributed ignorance".

I for one would be happy to correspond only with people who understand
that a community needs common methods of communication. I wouldn't put
up with someone barging their way into my home and vomiting on the
carpet, I also won't put up with people who send me non-standard
platform-specific content. They will kill the original spirit of the
net and replace it with the poisoned and twisted attitudes of the
rapacious corporate world. It's not what I want thank you.

              do you know how far this has gone?
               just how damaged have I become?
                                      'Even Deeper' by Nine Inch Nails