Why this phobia to HTML mail?

Larry Ebbitt pmmail@rpglink.com
Fri, 15 Sep 2000 16:53:24 -0400

David Gaskill wrote:

> On Fri, 15 Sep 2000 14:35:25 -0400, Larry Ebbitt wrote:
>
> >It takes more than a switch.  It has to possible to just not install the
> >code.  I don't want it wasting my disk space or my time when the program
> >loads.
>
> <snip>
>
> >There's a more than excellent chance that such a feature would regress the
> >entire package.  Integration of the eye-candy is almost sure to make the other
> >features less responsive and, thus, make the entire thing less useful

I'm not asking for two versions, just one version properly coded so
the eye-candy option won't be installed or executed if a switch is set.

If the thing has to be regressed into a bloated pile of wintrash to sell,
I won't be using or recommending it.

I strongly suspect this is all empty rhetoric. I doubt we'll even see
bug fixes, let alone new features.

--
Larry Ebbitt - Linux + OS/2 - Atlanta