Why this phobia to HTML mail?

David Gaskill pmmail@rpglink.com
Sun, 17 Sep 2000 19:29:15 +0100

On Fri, 15 Sep 2000 16:53:24 -0400, Larry Ebbitt wrote:

>I'm not asking for two versions, just one version properly coded so
>the eye-candy option won't be installed or executed if a switch is set.

So you can choose on installation whether to install a version with html
capability or to install a version without this capability? That seems to me
to be offering two versions but let that pass.

In the light of this let me reformulate my question: if BSW offered this dual
version the do you think they would see any increase in sales over their
present offering?

Perhaps you would let me add another question: do you think BSW's sales
of the OS/2 version of PMMail during the last six months have reached
double figures?

>If the thing has to be regressed into a bloated pile of wintrash to sell,
>I won't be using or recommending it.
>
>I strongly suspect this is all empty rhetoric. I doubt we'll even see
>bug fixes, let alone new features.

I think you are right - certainly as far as the OS/2 version is concerned. I
simply don't see how BSW can make money out of this version. Do you
think they can?

David

David