PMMail's market

Steve Lamb pmmail@rpglink.com
Sun, 17 Sep 2000 02:25:23 -0700

On Sun, Sep 17, 2000 at 07:30:45AM +0100, Jason Gibbs wrote:
> Most companies sized 5 to 30 employees won't mind paying for an email
> client if it protects them from the LoveBug viruses and runs faster and
> crashes less often than Outlook. But companies won't really go out
> there and hunt down PMMail - you have to get to them with 'marketing'.
> If you don't promote something a terrible thing happens . . . nothing!

    By bowing to marketing forces generally you end up with a crappy product.
Also you have to remember what the competitors are fielding.  Free products.
PMMail is and always will be a niche market.  Play to that, not the mainstream
market.  When you play to the mainstream, esp. on you cannot win, you lose
your niche and you lose everything.  People are looking at PMMail because it
isn't mainstrem.