PMMail's market

Jason Gibbs pmmail@rpglink.com
Sun, 17 Sep 2000 12:45:53 +0100

On Sun, 17 Sep 2000 02:25:23 -0700, Steve Lamb wrote:

>On Sun, Sep 17, 2000 at 07:30:45AM +0100, Jason Gibbs wrote:
>> Most companies sized 5 to 30 employees won't mind paying for an email
>> client if it protects them from the LoveBug viruses and runs faster and
>> crashes less often than Outlook. But companies won't really go out
>> there and hunt down PMMail - you have to get to them with 'marketing'.
>> If you don't promote something a terrible thing happens . . . nothing!
>
>    By bowing to marketing forces generally you end up with a crappy product.
>Also you have to remember what the competitors are fielding.  Free products.
>PMMail is and always will be a niche market.  Play to that, not the mainstream
>market.  When you play to the mainstream, esp. on you cannot win, you lose
>your niche and you lose everything.  People are looking at PMMail because it
>isn't mainstrem.

We bought PMMail on recommendation because it is fast, small and
(mostly) stable. The filters are nice.

We'd moved from Eudora 4 which was seemingly bloated, slow and a mess.
I'll definitely continue to use PMMail for the foreseeable future.

Anyone know if PMMail even sells enough copies to cover BSW's costs?
Maybe that's the real problem?

Regards
Jason