NEWS FLASH!

Ralph Cohen pmmail@rpglink.com
Sun, 17 Sep 2000 15:57:19 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 17 Sep 2000 12:02:27 -0700 (PDT), I wrote:

>Yes, true, being able to read HTML e-mail, is by definition, more
>functionality. But you have to draw the line somewhere.

Ahhh, now that's a different argument entirely and one with which we
are in basic agreement!  You do have to draw the line somewhere, but
what is it that we're drawing the line for?  In the year since BSW
purchased PMMail, I've yet to see a list of new features to be added to
the next release.  Have you?  Perhaps if we had one, then we could have
a cogent debate about which features were more important than others.
Believe it or not, the ability for PMMail/2 to read HTML is not at the
top of my priority list, but I do think that it is a reasonably
desirable feature in an email client, and I don't think that it should
simply be dismissed out of hand by the vocal minority who find HTML
email and anathema that should be forcibly ripped from the hands of all
who dare to use it.<g>

Ralph

rpcohen@neurotron.com