NEWS FLASH!

Simon Bowring pmmail@rpglink.com
Mon, 18 Sep 2000 11:34:45 +0100 (BST)

>Yes, Windows is dominant now, and for the foreseeable future.  HTML
>email will not go away, because MS Outlook, by virtue of the dominance
>of Windows, has created a de facto standard for HTML email.

But MS do not publish this so called "defacto standard", and indeed,
the level of support is dependant on the version of IE installed,
so 3rd parties have to reverse enginner how Outlook works - calling
this a "standard" is liking calling an apple an orange!

Arguing from a position of technical ignorance that a
"standard" exists when a) it doesn't and b) the whole area under
discussion is not (inter-)workable, does nothing to further your
argument!  I suggest you are "in denial"!

Simon