PMMail's market

Simon Bowring pmmail@rpglink.com
Mon, 18 Sep 2000 11:55:18 +0100 (BST)

>have the same effects as a regular Outlook user, except you
>won't distribute new copies of the virus to people in your
>address book... but your files will be destroyed.

The same effect, except it won't allow the virus to spread?

Hmm - sounds the same to me (now what is it that makes a malicious
program a virus? Oh, yes it's ability to spread itself)!

You could try arguing the PMAil users are just as exposed to
viruses as Outlook users, just as you can argue that HTML mail is
sane!

PMMail would probably be targetted by virus writers if it
had a significant chunk of the market, but it doesn't so it
isn't!

Simon