Why this phobia to HTML mail?

Skip Huffman pmmail@rpglink.com
Mon, 18 Sep 2000 13:14:01 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 18 Sep 2000 17:29:56 +0100, David Gaskill wrote:

>This is exactly the point I was trying to make; lexicographers simply record
>they do not initiate. They do not issue RFCs for words - they simply record,
>common usage. A dictionary is a record not a standard.

True(except in france), but until they do so a word is
non-standard and cannot be assumed to be understood.  If a word
is used that is not in dictionaries, it should be defined in the
document where it is used.  In a glossary.
--
Skip Huffman, Support Technician, Carreker Corp.
Husband of Josie Lawson, SAG actor on stike.