Why this phobia to HTML mail?

Ralph Cohen pmmail@rpglink.com
Mon, 18 Sep 2000 14:13:33 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 18 Sep 2000 17:57:33 +0100, Brian Morrison wrote:

>In a business you must act as you see fit Ralph. As a business user
>myself I set up Outlook to send straight ascii in 72 column width, it
>doesn't half annoy some of my contacts. When they complain I tell them
>why I do it, and nearly all of them know that they will not get me to
>change. I have never come across anyone who was upset enough to decide
>not to email me again, they know I have been on the net for a lot
>longer than most of them and accept that I have a rather puritan
>attitude to internet standards.

I suspect that our situations may be somewhat different.  I regularly
correspond with customers in dozens different countries around the
world, and I'm extremely sensitive to the fact that a comment I can
safely make to persons in one country, could easily be misunderstood as
an insult to a customer in another country.  These people are my
customers, I see it as my responsibility to try to accommodate their
needs while imposing as little of my requirements on them as possible.

>Those that have met me tell me that
>they wouldn't feel safe arguing about this subject with me in person
>;-)

No argument intended.  Just a nice friendly discussion.  Okay Mr.
Morrison, sir??<g>

Ralph

rpcohen@neurotron.com