[OT] Evolution was NEWS FLASH!

John Angelico pmmail@rpglink.com
Tue, 19 Sep 2000 17:12:22 +0900 (EST)

On Mon, 18 Sep 2000 09:51:53 -0400 (EDT), Rodney R. Korte wrote:

>Notwithstanding your correct description of mutations and natural
>selection.  I think you have confused the word "evolution" with "mutation"
>above.  Evolution always means events moving in a certain direction or
>toward a certain end.  Futhermore, the common definition of evolution in
>most contexts encompasses natural selection.

Sorry to say that this is NOT the scientific description of "the theory of evolution" but the generally accepted
mythology only.

Evolution is described as a non-personal process operating only with time, matter and chance. There is neither
information nor any intelligence available in the system. Therefore it cannot "know about" a "certain end" ie it
cannot be goal-oriented.

I don't believe in the theory myself but have had occasion to debate the subject.

Best regards
John Angelico
OS/2 SIG
talldad@melbpc.org.au or talldad@kepl.com.au

PMTagline v1.50 - Copyright, 1996-1997, Stephen Berg and John Angelico
... Theory of Evolution: Stupidity is NOT a survival trait!