[OT] Law was Why this phobia to HTML mail?

John Angelico pmmail@rpglink.com
Tue, 19 Sep 2000 17:15:33 +0900 (EST)

On Mon, 18 Sep 2000 16:10:20 +0100 (BST), Simon Bowring wrote:

>A Law is like an internet standard, these need to be written down
>and agreed so that people with the correct background can interpret
>and execute them correctly.
>
>A law cannot exist as a dynamic entity with an unwritten (or secret)
>definition, that exists in several (secret) forms that change on
>a regular basis !
>
>How would members of the legal system interpret and apply that law,
>and how would the citizenry obey that law?

Oh, I see, you were being serious. I thought you were being facetious about the Supreme Court there. :)

Best regards
John Angelico
OS/2 SIG
talldad@melbpc.org.au or talldad@kepl.com.au

PMTagline v1.50 - Copyright, 1996-1997, Stephen Berg and John Angelico
... 99 percent of lawyers give the rest a bad name