OT: Evolution

Rodney R. Korte pmmail@rpglink.com
Tue, 19 Sep 2000 10:19:57 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 19 Sep 2000 13:54:28 +0100 (BST), Simon Bowring wrote:

>If evolution "means events moving in a certain direction or
>toward a certain end" you *must* be able to identify the "direction"

First of all, note the "or", not "and".

>or "end" if you can't, the statement cannot be shown to be true and is very
>likely to be false!  If you can, you can make predictions!  Ain't
>logic a wonderful thing?

You have carried the "or" through into the start of your rebuttal,
but dropped it part way through in favor of "and".  I also didn't
say you *couldn't* make predictions.

Also, interestingly enough, you cut out my example which counters
your argument quite decisively.

>I am an avid reader of New Scientist and SciAm, and and have read
>several books on evolution/genetics including most of Dawkins' and
>I stand by my assertions:

Perhaps you ought to read a few books on logic as well? :-P
--
Rodney R. Korte
rkorte@psu.edu