OT: Evolution

John Angelico pmmail@rpglink.com
Wed, 20 Sep 2000 13:24:12 +0900 (EST)

On Tue, 19 Sep 2000 14:52:44 +0100 (BST), Simon Bowring wrote:

>>Now that we are getting visibility of human DNA coding, it seems to
>>be a ... mess ... not even rudimentary error correction
>I'd dispute that, but not backed up with facts right now, but even
>the number of bases (4) seems like it may be an evolutionary
>adaptation which is a compromise between reliability and information
>content (apparently)!

Seems like you need to search on the 'Net for Werner Gitt German information theorist on his analysis of the 4-base
structure of DNA and the information coding/content factors.

Sorry don't have it here, I have read it on paper.

Best regards
John Angelico
OS/2 SIG
talldad@melbpc.org.au or talldad@kepl.com.au

PMTagline v1.50 - Copyright, 1996-1997, Stephen Berg and John Angelico
... OXYMORON #537: Windows power user