OK, Rephrasing the Questions - Something New

Simon Bowring pmmail@rpglink.com
Tue, 19 Sep 2000 15:48:24 +0100 (BST)

>Most people?  Simon, me and my coworkers have to be the sorriest bunch of
>email addicts there are and even we don't keep it loaded 24x7.

Don't they? - Most people at our site run their email and news client
all the time - I run PMMail (almost) 24x7, but then I need to - it runs
automated unattended email interfaces into our company information
system that the rest of my company uses.

BTW: Some of these services rely on some elderly DOS software, and only
OS/2 has the balls to run these programs properly - we've tried NT, but
it can either grind the system to a halt or actually crash the NT
server!  IBM understands the value of backwards compatibility, in this
case OS/2 has (so far) enabled us to put off rewriting thousands of
lines of horrible DOS clipper code (and all the original authors have
left).

Simon