OK, Rephrasing the Questions - Something New

Ralph Cohen pmmail@rpglink.com
Tue, 19 Sep 2000 10:49:04 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 19 Sep 2000 07:25:33 -0700, Steve Lamb wrote:

>Tuesday, September 19, 2000, 6:34:50 AM, Simon wrote:
>> Since most people keep their email client running 24x7, this is less of
>> an issue provided you have enough RAM in the first place (128Mb
>> is my personal *absolute minimum* recommendation, 256Mb or more is
>> better!).
>
>    Most people?  Simon, me and my coworkers have to be the sorriest bunch of
>email addicts there are and even we don't keep it loaded 24x7.  Not even the
>guy who has all email going to one account that isn't filtered into subfolders
>sent to his blackberry.  :P

We have several systems that run 24x7 with PMMail always up and
running.  Why not?  Having a cable connection means never having to
hang up.  Part of the reason we do it is because of the "a bird in the
hand is worth two in the bush" philosophy, i.e. any messages already
retrieved do not have to be retrieved later when the cable is acting
up.<g>

Ralph

rpcohen@neurotron.com