A PMMail Filter Question

Skip Huffman pmmail@rpglink.com
Thu, 21 Sep 2000 07:39:44 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 20 Sep 2000 10:33:44 -0500, Dan Nagy wrote:

>I've been trying to get Skip Huffman's Egroups filter/rexx script to work but all I'm getting is a series of
>Rexx errors. I had previously defined a simple filter to move incoming NS4OS2 messages to their own
>folder and now I have added Skip's filter/script as a complex filter to the simple filter, like so:
>
>h.Reply-To="egroups.com"
>
>Action: Rexx exit (foreground)     C:\egroups.cmd
>
>Now when NS4OS2 messages are fetched, the messages are moved to the Netscape folder, the rexx
>script runs but with error messages, something about not being able to find the file, then the command
>window closes. It happens quickly so it is hard to tell exactly what the error is.
>
>Can anyone see what I've missed?

You need to run the script before you move the file.  It appears
that PMMail may pass the original path and file name to my
script, which is of course wrong after the file has been moved.
I run the script as a one action filter on all my email before
it passes to my other filters.

Good luck.
--
Skip Huffman, Support Technician, Carreker Corp.
Husband of Josie Lawson, SAG actor on stike.