[pmmail-list] Time zone woes - PMMail on Win2K

Michael Gerdau pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 06 Apr 2001 01:19:00 +0200

>I'm running PMMail98 on Windows 2000 and just noticed that the time zones are
>out of whack.  The system clock reports that it's 4:23pm and that I'm in the
>Eastern Time Zone on Daylight Savings Time (all these are correct).  PMMail
>just fetched mail and reports "Last Fetch: 4/5/2001 4:23:05 PM", and all mail
>sent is going out with the timestamp an hour off of "real" time.
>
>I can't seem to figure out how to correct PMMail's time zone - any
>suggestions?

Try unsetting your TZ-environment variable.

I assume "Eastern Time Zone" means you live in the US. If that is correct
I'm somewhat surprised by this behavior as according to other reports
this seemed to work for everyone doing the switch to DST at the same
time as the US (which obviously is true for the US ;-)

Weird, best,
Michael
--
 Vote against SPAM - see http://www.politik-digital.de/spam/