[pmmail-list] Fwd: Re: PMMail has wrong time

John Swartzentruber pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 05 Apr 2001 21:18:41 -0400

I just realized that I sent this to the other list and not this one. It
should be of interest here and appears to explain some of the time
problems.

From: "John Swartzentruber" <jswartz@rica.net>
To: "Barnabo, Chris" <chris@spagnet.com>, "pmmail@dmiyu.org"
<pmmail@dmiyu.org>
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2001 20:09:35 -0400
Subject: Re: PMMail has wrong time

On Thu, 05 Apr 2001 16:20:03 -0400, Barnabo, Chris wrote:

>I can't recall this happening before and I've used PMMail for years, is
>there something peculiar about this year that has it confused?  Or have I
>just managed to miss seeing the problem for the last 4 years ... :-)

Could it be related to this:

Microsoft's "April Fools Day Bug"
(http://msdn.microsoft.com/visualc/headlines/2001.asp).  It seems that
a common version of Microsoft's C compiler calculates the start of
Daylight Savings Time wrong on years when April 1st falls on a Sunday,
so that any programs compiled using that compiler think that DST
doesn't start until April 8th.