[pmmail-list] Export address book woes

Randy Fowler (personal acct) pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sat, 07 Apr 2001 10:38:44 -0400 (EDT)

In my address book manager, I have many seperate address
books.  I'd like to export the email addresses contained in
just a few of these to share with associates, but not all of
them!

Problem is, the export tool apparantly exports *every* email
address contained in the entire address book manager, sorted by
creation date.  This would be OK if each individual addr book
name were included in a field of each record but it's not.

Any work around for this problem, other than manually editing
the resulting Export file?

Thanks, Randy

------- Sample lines from the output of Export tool -------

Adr,"support@travelclick.net","TravelCLICK Support","TravelCLICK Support",1,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Adr,"BStJohn@Serenity-Systems.com","Bob St.John","Bob St.John",1,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Grp,"Mintha Linn;Lisa Holley;English Nagy;Robbie Randolf","RIC Sales Staff","RIC Sales Staff",1,

---------- Online Help from PMMail/2 2.10.1999 ------------

  The format for the Imported/Exported Comma
 seperated file in the Address book is as follows.
 There is one address book entry per line in the file.

 For Address Groups the format is as follows with
 each field seperated with a comma.

      Grp (the exact text of Grp),
      email addresses (each address should be
       seperated by a semicolon (;)),
      alias,
      group name,
      on popup menu (this field is either a one (1) or
       a zero (0)),
      description

  For Individual Addresses, each field seperated with a
  comma.

      Adr (the exact text of Adr),
      email address,
      alias,
      name,
      on popup menu (this field is either a one (1) or
       a zero (0)),
      company name,
      job title,
      home street address1,
      home street address2,
      home city,
      home state,
      home zip code,
      home country,
      home phone,
      home phone extension,
      home fax,
      business street address1,
      business street address2,
      business city,
      business state,
      business zip code,
      business country,
      business phone,
      business phone extension,
      business fax,
      notes

  Note:  A field with a comma in the text must be
  wrapped in quotes.  To include a quote symbol in a
  field, use a double quote ("")